Otto Brauer, originator of the 'Gulvvase', wasn't a designer hired by Kastrup - but instead he was their Master Glassblower. He was first employed within the company at Odense Glasværk in 1931, followed by Kastrup Glasværk in 1936, whereupon he was appointed Master in 1946.
Originally 'Gulvvase' was only produced in an uncased dark olive green, amber and dark blue by Kastrup, and later Kastrup-Holmegaard. Kastrup also made them in opal (white) glass cased in clear, probably around 1963/64.
Around 1967 'Gulvvase' was re-issued in yellow cased in clear glass and opal cased in coloured glass by Kastrup-Holmegaard. The colours were opal/blue, opal/red, opal/green and a very limited number which used Kastrup's original dark olive green over opal glass. Around 1970/71 an opal/yellow colourway was introduced as the opal/clear and yellow/clear colours were phased out.
The vase is sometimes found in clear, light blue, grey smoke, and rauchtopaz colourways. They were made in quite large numbers by Cascade Glass of England under license from Holmegaard.