The History of Sibast Furniture began in 1908 in a little cabinet makers workshop in the countryside on the island of Funen in Denmark. Helge Sibast had served his apprenticeship with his father and followed in his footsteps. He developed skills of high quality craftsmanship and with his sense of fine simplicity and sustainability within furniture design and production he created the foundation for the international furniture corporation Sibast Furniture.
From the 1950's a collaboration between the famous Danish furniture architect Arne Vodder and Helge Sibast began and resulted in an adventure of exporting Danish Furniture Design around the world. In the 1960's the designs manufactured by Sibast Furniture even reached as far as The White House in the USA.
In 1984 the Company was sold, however shortly afterwards it was bought back by family members Ditley and Anna Sibast and has recently relaunched the No.8 chair originally designed in 1953 by Helge Sibast.